Our History –
Providing quality eye care to families in Brant County for more than 70 years.
Founded in 1948 by Dr. Frank Wells, we have evolved from a single doctor office to a team of 7 optometrists, an optician, and a dedicated support staff. We provide comprehensive eye examinations, emergency health assessments, contact lens services and a broad range of eyewear styles.
Our office started on the south side of Colborne street, part of the stretch expropriated and torn down by city council. In 1970 we moved to our current convenient location at 31 William Street. Our circa 1911 heritage building features an impressive staircase with stained glass windows, as well as cast iron radiators.. After almost 50 years in the same place, we’re confident that naming our office after the street was a good move!